Tuesday 27 September 2016

My printer, ink and my new syringes

For a very long time, I wasted so much money buying ink cartridges that dried up after a few uses. It got to the point that I actually hated using my printer and I was fed up trying to find decent ink cartridges cheap that actually lasted. 

Eventually I was lucky enough to come across refillable ink cartridges. I have an epson printer and I found the correct ones for my printer, then it was just a matter of getting ink and syringes to fill them with...

It came to a point where I had to start using disposable gloves I had when filling any ink as I always managed to end up with colourful nails and hands which took days to come off.

I remember having to go to an appointment and the ink turned my nails and finger pink and I couldn't get it all off. Since I wear black all the time, the person I was meeting turned round to me and said "April, that really isn't your colour". At least someone seen the funny side to it!

Although recently I broke off one of the tips of the syringes into an ink bottle so I had to buy more. I thought since I did it once, I'd probably do it again so best stock up and bought 10 for £3.75.

The ink I get comes in sets of 4 and the bottles are 100ml so they really do last. I have had mine for a very long time and not one bit of ink has dried up and due to writing to penpals and printing letter paper and parcel labels plus other things, I do use my printer often. I'd never go back to non refillable ink cartridges.


I don't think I'll be running out of these any time soon.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment