Tuesday 24 September 2013

Seaside Splash July 2013 Glossybox

A little late to post I know but I didn't get the box until later on with an offer for 2 boxes for £15 not including postage & that is me just getting round to post about them now! Sorry about that.

However, I must admit I did like the box design for this box and will most likely use it for storing things. 



Although I must admit, I should have probably looked up the contents of both boxes before getting them because if I did I wouldn't have spent the money for both of them since a lot of the products were just not me at all.  

I know its supposed to be a surprise but I really only like beauty boxes for skin care, hair care & bath toiletries so I'm pretty picky. 

 As you can see it comes with a little leaflet. It has a little message from glossybox inside and asks for support for a charity run, not sure if it has passed though. Inside tells you about the products, full size price, how to apply them and where to find them. On the back had a code for 50% off spartoo.co.uk shoe store but its invalid now.. Although I don't need any more shoes haha! 

 As you can see I received 6 items. 

Item 1:
Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
 This I must say I'm curious about. My hair has a mind of its own. Sometimes its quite flat looking, other times I look like a fur ball. I'm not entirely sure if it would do anything for my hair but I will give it a try eventually. 
This is 25ml. You can buy full size 125ml for £23 making this worth around £4.60.

Item 2.
Coola Organic Suncare Collection - Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint
Considering I spend over 95% of my time indoors.. I can't say this is really for me at all. As far as suncream goes, I found even a factor 100 suncream did nothing for me and I still burn. Never did figure out why.
This is 7ml. Full size is 50ml for £29.99 making this worth around £4.20.

Item 3:
Essie Sleek Sticks
 Another thing I won't use. I will admit, I do paint my nails but quite rare although as far as stickers go since I have no idea how to apply them properly I'd most likely end up wasting something like this if I tried it. It just isn't really me though to use something like this.
These are the stickers and stones one which you can buy for £11.99. 

Item 4: 
Anatomicals Spray Mist For Me Facial Spritz
 I've been quite curious to try one of this brands products so I'm quite happy I'm getting the chance to. My skin probably needs something like this just now. This is 100ml which is also full size which you can buy for £6. 

Item 5 & 6:
Sleek Makeup Pout Paint

Pout paint, again not for me. However the RRP for one of these is £4.99. This one was in shade 161 Minx.


This one is 156 Peachy Keen.


With the box value as £36.77, I really cannot complain buying two boxes for £15 + postage. I'll most likely just swap the items I won't use for stuff I will use. The two items I will use value £10.60 so I'm happy with that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment