Saturday 15 June 2013

April's the natural beauty box.. that arrived in JUNE!

Well well well.. For a company that were supposed to be getting back on track after taking a month off at the beginning of the year aren't doing very well at all. They do not keep customers informed, they say they'll be posting around a specific time and don't and they also ignore comments and emails.. Not very good if you ask me. I did love their boxes. Now I dislike them and the customer service. Trying to act as if everythings okay delaying peoples boxes by 2 months so its too late to open a claim for the money back. Well sorry.. Despite receiving the box eventually I will be claiming my money back for my april and both may boxes I received.. Even though I was supposed to receive two april boxes and one may so there you go another mess up.  But anyway... Here is the April Box that cost me £19.50.


All the contents..

-------------------------------

Item number 1: Arachnes Demie Oatmeal Chai Natural Soap Sample 

Value of this sample: £0.51    ... You can buy 3oz / 85g for £3.60 at www.etsy.com/shop/ArachnesDemise if you search for the soap. The sample was supposed to be 14g I think but as you can see mine was only 12g.  If you divide 3.60 by 85 times 12 you get approx 51p rounded up to the nearest figure.




-------------------------------

Item number 2: Opale-Essence All Natural Mineral Eyeshadow Sample

Value of this sample: Well as you can see below, its not even 1g... You can buy samples on their page http://www.etsy.com/shop/opaleessence for £0.97 although you can buy 5g on there which is full size for £2.90 and £2.90 divided by 5 is £0.58 so really its not even worth 58p!



not even 1g.... 

-------------------------------


Item number 3: Green Visions All Natural Skincare Sample - I Got Green Therapy Healing Cream

Value of the sample: Approx £1.94. I took off 1g when calculating as the container would add some weight.  You can buy 2oz (approx 56.7g) on http://www.etsy.com/shop/greenvisions for £6.54 and 8oz (approx 227g) for £16.35. Calculating from the larger pot of 227g.. I did 16.35 divided by 227 and then timed the result by 26 which was the weight once i took off 1g for the container.. the result was approx 1.94



-------------------------------

Item number 4: Herbolution Calendula Chamomile Cleansing Grains

Value of the sample: You can buy 10 for £8.37 making them value approx 83.7p/84p each(rounded to the nearest) or singular for £1.05 but fill size is £6.54 and 28g and as you can see below my sample is only 3g. So I divided 6.54 by 28 and then timed the total by 3 to find the value was actually only 70p rounded to the nearest. http://www.etsy.com/shop/herbolution



-------------------------------

Item number 5: Abbalope Natural Soap Bar Sample

Value of the item: Approx £0.41. Full size on their shop is £3.27 and that is for 4oz/113g so 14g (shown below) is actually only worth 41p! To work that out I did 3.27 divided by 113 then timed the total by 14 and rounded it to the nearest penny. http://www.etsy.com/shop/abbalope



-------------------------------

Item number 6: Into Blu Natural Scented Body Lotion Sample

Value of the sample: You can buy this at http://www.etsy.com/shop/IntoBlue for 65p. 


My cat decided she wanted a sniff...

-------------------------------

Item number 7: Pldbody peppermint fizzie sample

Value of this sample: The sample as you can see is 19g . Full size is 85g for £2.28 making this worth approx £0.51. Although if I bought a set of 2 for £3.92 then my sample would only value £0.44. But I'll go with the value taken from the set of 2 price. http://www.etsy.com/shop/pldbody


I accidentally dropped it in my cereal so had to remove the outer packaging!

-------------------------------

Item number 8: FyreWurkShop Natural Full Size Votive Candle

Value of the item:  Although I couldn't find that scent on their page, their candles are £1.14 each or 3 for £2.45 making one value £0.82
http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FyreWurkShop


-------------------------------

Item number 9: Naturalana Dry Shampoo / Dusting Powder Sample

Value of the sample:  You can get 1.5oz (42g) for £2.60 or 3oz (approx 85g) for £4.91. As you can see my sample is only 13g and if the value was calculated from the £2.60 price then the value would be £0.80 but if calculated through the £4.91 price then the value of the sample would only be £0.75 but I'll stick with the 75p value.





-------------------------------

Item number 10: Naturalana Foot Ease Foot Scrub Sample

Value of the sample: Their page says you get 3 foot scrubs weighing between 3.75 - 4oz for £2.29 so if we estimate approx 2.87oz which is 81g. As their is 3 soaps, 81 divided by 3 = 27g approx per soap if equal. My sample was 8g. So I divided 2.29 by 3 to get 76p per soap if buying full size, so I did 0.76 divided by 27 and then i timed the total by 8 which gave me a value of £0.24 for the scrub.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Naturalana/



Overall thoughts: 

I've claimed my money back for one box so far. I tried to claim it back for both april boxes I was to get but my bank only succeeded with one so far so it looks like I'll have to pay them a visit and get the other claimed back unless they're willing to refund it which I highly doubt. 

As you can see.. the total of my box only comes to:

  £7.04.. Oh yes.. don't forget I paid £19.50. 

So yes, I will be trying to claim my money back. I managed to claim it back for one box even though I asked my bank to pull back two payments twice as I have a case open for the May box in paypal (which by the way the value is not much better and I paid more for that as the price went up). So at the moment only been successful at getting one payment back. Since the natural beauty box ignored my email when I asked them if the April Box was posted in may, and seem to ignore a lot of negative posts and only respond to positive, then its most likely a waste of time even trying to ask them for a refund so its got to be done the hard way. 

I'm not entirely sure what they were thinking sending contents of such low value when people are spending $30 -$32. Its a con. I've had previous boxes from them that valued over $100 and ones that valued $40 + so why on earth are they sending out ones that value less than the box price!

I'm totally disgusted! Anyone else get this and share the same opinions? 

2 comments:

  1. Great review April!

    I can't beleive people are still subscribing to this crap service. How many bad reviews and unsatisfied customers on their Facebook page does it take for people to say ENOUGH ALREADY. Amid a sea of pissed off subscribers there are always one or two oddballs who are like, "Oh, my box was great." Stop enabling The Natural Beauty Box already, you owe it to the rest of us who can't get out of long term subscriptions or to newbies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did previously love their boxes .. But this just takes the biscuit! I didn't mind the delays but its clear now they really don't care about their customers at all since they're getting even more distant from them by ignoring emails and sending boxes whenever they darn feel like it. I seen people say the april and may boxes were great and they were happy with them but how on earth can they say that when BOTH boxes were so undervalue !! I'll be doing a review of mays box soon. Its just as bad. I'm trying to claim my money back for both boxes and one I even had two purchased as one was for my mums friend but I told her I'd refund her too as there is no way I'd even let her have the trash they sent as it isn't their usual standard. My previous reviews I only nagged at their lack in communication and keeping people up to date etc, but this time the overall thing was naff! Ah well. I won't be recommending them to anyone now.

      Delete