Saturday 11 May 2013

Lucky Fire Escape

I bought a new Sony Xperia Z charger on ebay as my current one needs replaced. It works but the wires are showing near the bit that gets plugged into the socket so time to replace it. So I plugged it in and the bit on the top lit up so I thought.. Yay it works .. I've had a lot of sellers recently on ebay that i've had to message due to faulty items or items not turning up .. It didn't use to be that bad but nowadays I'm getting so much faulty stuff its unreal.

But anyway moving on.. Even though it lit up & I thought it was working fine etc.. I was wrong. Around 5 minutes later I heard a pop and seen a spark at the corner of my eye. The charger blew! I had to pull it out quickly after it sparked.  LUCKILY.. my phone and socket are fine and it didn't damage them but with the charger sparking it could have easily caught fire. Also very lucky it didn't spark again when I pulled it out..

I contacted the seller telling them what happened and they tell me they're sending out another. I'm sorry. But I do not want another one of those chargers. Would you? I'd much rather get a refund and buy a different Sony Xperia Z charger elsewhere.

I mean, It could have set my room on fire, blown my socket, messed up my phone etc. I don't want to risk that again.

But overall.. I think it was very lucky that a fire did not start from the spark and other problems weren't caused from the charger blowing the way it did.


No comments:

Post a Comment