Tuesday 28 May 2013

77 bracelets for charities..

So I decided to start getting in cheap bulk buys of beads and elastic in order to make bracelets and give them to charities. As far as beads were concerned it was just whatever I could get low price. I could easily go up to a charity shop and give them a donation, but if i spend little on getting beads and elastic it would make them more money. 

Yes I do sometimes wonder how much of the money from the shops actually goes to the cause, but my mum said she would take some with her anytime shes out and going to be near any charity shops or possibly pass any charity shops and just drop them in for me. So hopefully, somewhere, I'll make a bit of a difference for someone.

Due to my health and not being able to get about much, there is a lot I cannot do. But I wanted to help out a bit where I can. 

Its not much, but its still something.

I enjoy making jewellery, but with my bad back and other pains I can't lie and do it for too long, but I still like to try. At the end of the day it makes me happy knowing I may have helped someone somewhere and not only that I may have made someone happy with my bracelets when they've been purchased in the shop.
In the above photo there are 77 bracelets, mostly elasticated bracelets and I've put tags on them so they know that they are new.

If every bracelet sold for £1 - that would get them £77
If every bracelet sold got 50p that would get them £38.50
Some bracelets are made with crystal beads, a lot are wooden beads, some are mixed acrylic and wooden and others just acrylic.
Crystal beaded ones I'm hoping will get them more than just £1 and some of  the acrylic ones should do as well. 

Also with the above I've added into the charity bag a bracelet i bought on ebay, two pairs of stud earrings, two pairs of handmade earrings, a love wristband, a pearl imitation pendant necklace, pearl imitation earrings, a packet of seed beads, button sticker pack for iphone itouch or ipad.

Overall, quite a bit to be made from that and I'm sure somewhere it will help someone.

I'm about to go and make some more earrings to add into the charity bag.

Anyone else make anything to give to charities?


No comments:

Post a Comment