Saturday 30 March 2013

Summerberries & Apple Blossom Bath Bomb Heaven!

I like Bath Bombs.. but what I don't like is the prices of Bath Bombs in shops. I decided to make my own instead. Works out a lot cheaper.

A while back I got silicone moulds, colouring , fragrances and some other stuff for soap making so i thought to myself "Well I already have the fragrances & colouring now all I need for basic bath bombs is bicarbonate of soda , citric acid, round moulds and oils if i wanted to add some" .. So away I went & got some. 

Instead of going for bigger bath bomb moulds I got these: 




It was actually a pack of 4 round ice cube moulds . They flip open but I think I'm going to cut the bit that holds the top to the bottom so i can just slide the top off since getting the bath bombs out when flipping it up is a bit too awkward & it starts to pull the halves apart (as you can see below)  I've had them in a bag for a while so they started to stick together. I gave a couple to my mums friend last night because she loved the smell of them & on her way home she bumped into a friend, made her smell them and her friend said it smelt like one of the smells you'd smell walking into LUSH shop!! It feels good knowing I can spend less to make my own bath bombs and that other people like them. I only planned to just make them for myself which is why I went for smaller round ice cube moulds as I wasn't looking for anything fancy, but I have a funny feeling my mums friend may be back looking to buy some. I've recently bought some new scents and some other oils for making them so more to experiment with even though I already have quite a bunch of fragrances I just couldn't resist scents like sticky toffee, candyfloss, buttercream, banoffee pie, cookie dough, coconut ice, jellybean, winter wonderland etc.

3 of the summerberries & apple blossom bath bombs that are left. Not sure what I'll try next but definitely going to separate the top part of the mould from the bottom so i can get them out more easier.

Even my cats approve of my toiletries at bath time. Blaze lies next to the bath & falls asleep when its bath time & Spyro falls asleep on the toilet pan on a towel.....

No comments:

Post a Comment